Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Welcome New Users!

So after a long lull in activity Morse Elmer has been thrust into the lime light again. Welcome everyone that learned of Morse Elmer from the recent Ham Radio Crash Course YouTube Video While I'm thrilled this app has been exposed to new people trying to learn CW, I'm a bit mortified at the state you find the app in... I've allowed the app to languish for far too long. While it still accomplishes most of what it tries to do, it hasn't kept up with the times. I mentioned in my previous post from 2019 that I was working on a new version. This is true... I'm in the process of completely rewriting the app in Swift. Unfortunately this rewrite is going very slowly and I have a bunch of new users and an antiquated app in the app store. Fortunately I started updated the existing app over the Christmas break. I've made a lot of progress and I'm happy to report that I should have an updated version ready to release in the near future. This version will handle working on the latest hardware and I'll try to include the bug fixes for the most onerous issues that have been reported. Thanks again for trying his app out and please comment here with your experiences and issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment