Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Version 1.4 is available!

Well it's been quite awhile, but I finally managed to cobble together enough time to push out another release of Morse Elmer.

It's available in the App Store today.
  • I've been playing with the idea of training by listening to a randomly generated QSO...  for the longest time I was unhappy with contents of the QSO.  Finally I decided on implementing a version simple QSO exchange (using a very formal format) just to see if anyone was interested.  There's more that could be done here, but if no one uses it I won't bother wasting cycles on it.  
  • Version 1.4 includes the ability to use files in your Dropbox account for training - stevel
  • I had a couple of requests to include the ability to vary the WPM over the training duration...  I settled on implementing a graduated wpm suggested by frankk.  If this is well received I can enhance it further.
  • I've added the ability to exaggerate the spacing between words in files - martyr and added back in the ability to see the last letter transmitted as a HUD on the results tab - dougl

There was also a fair amount of reworking the internals of Morse Elmer to support some of the new functionality.  I hope everyone continues to find Morse Elmer useful and enjoys the new features.

Please use the Feedback section on the Settings tab to let me know what you think of Morse Elmer.

Remember every version needs to be reviewed!

Thanks again for your purchase and continued support.

Cheers,

Morgan
KI4OWG

4 comments:

  1. Well, I bought the app and installed it on my iPhone 6S. I am struggling to learn the code. Hopefully, this app will really be helpful.. I do like the flexibility with spacing and speed! Steve A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to the HF scene - Love this app that I had stumbled onto; have it loaded on my iPhone; using it daily to learn CW at 20wpm - now if I can only figure out a 'short cut' (LOL) on how to manually send CW as GOOD as this App's practicing code sounds!! - Keep up the Great Work!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your blog.
    iphone app training course in bangalore
    mobile app training institutes bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for your app "Morse Elmer" is the best app I've seen to learn / improve cw. I donĂ‚´t use the app to learn CW. I use it to improve my CW. Basically, I only use two txt files, one file with english words and other with spanish words, both in random mode. This works great.

    Three possible improvements:

    - Duration: put more time, Example: 15 minutes, 20 minutes and 30 minutes.
    - Put some option to delete files uploaded from dropbox.
    - How can I do a "txt file" to listen to phrases in random mode? It would be fantastic to be able to make a "txt file" with phrases and be able to listen in random mode.

    Thanks in advance and congratulations for the app

    73 of Ignacio, EA4OR.

    ReplyDelete